Children’s choirs are age-grouped classes for children ages 3-5 and for children in grades 1-5. Under the leadership of Pam Gross and our Worship & Music Ministry, our purpose is to help children grow in their knowledge of God and to equip them to praise God through the gift of music. We desire to help children understand what worship is, and give them opportunities to lead our congregation in worship through participation in special programs and worship services.
Babies – Twos: Childcare Activities, 5:45-7:30 p.m.
3 year olds, 4 year olds, & 5 year olds (Kindergartners); 5:45-6:40 p.m.
Children’s Choirs, 5:45-6:40 p.m.
- 3 year olds – Kindergarteners (by September 1 according to current school year)
- Learn basic music skills through singing, listening, playing instruments, and moving.
- Three’s participate in the spring program.
- Four’s and five’s participate in the fall and spring programs
- Children in first – fifth grades
- Learn music fundamentals through singing, playing instruments, small group activities
- Hymn and scripture memorization
- Graded choirs participate in the fall and spring programs.
“Hymns in My Heart” (First, Second and Third Grade Choirs)
Since 1994 our Music Makers Choirs (Grades 1-3) have participated in our “Hymns In My Heart” project. Each month the children have a hymn to memorize. They study the hymn as part of their weekly choir session. When you child has the hymn memorized, he/she sing the hymn for a teacher. At the end of the year, hymn awards are presented to each child who has successfully completed the project. The first year’s award of a copy of the The Baptist Hymnal. CD’s are given the second and third year.
Booklets containing the words to the hymns are provided at registration.
Worship Arts Camp
July 17-20; 8:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
Music Suite (3rd Floor, Multi-Purpose Building)
• For children who have completed first – fifth grades
• Includes classes in guitar, percussion, handbells, drama, music fun (such as games, movement, theory)
• Contact Pam Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-632-3067 to sign-up. (Money not due until first day of camp.)
Pre-registration form available online at: http://go2l.ink/worshipart
For more information about our Children’s Choir ministry, contact Pam Gross at 205-632-3067 or email@example.com.